Hobbiton Tours from Auckland
Let Tui Tours take you on a magical journey through Middle-earth to the Hobbiton Movie Set from “The Lord of the Rings”and “The Hobbit”films for an exciting guided tour.
Travel south from Auckland over the Bombay Hills to the rich farmland of the Waikato region and through the heritage town of Cambridge, where tree-lined streets add to the English-style atmosphere and then on to Matamata population of around 7,500. Matamata is located near the base of the Kaimai Ranges, and is a thriving farming area known for Thoroughbred horse breeding and training pursuits
On arrival at Shire’s Rest we embark on a magical Hobbiton movie set tour. You will see 44 hobbit holes including Bilbo’s house. “Bag End”, the Mill and double arch bridge and the Party Tree. At this stunning location you can take a photo at the door of Bag End, looking out over the whole of Hobbiton to the hills in the distance.
Your Hobbiton tour from Auckland then concludes with lunch at Shires Rest Cafe.
Our Premium Hobbiton Tour Option offers a small group private tour of the set and concludes with a visit to the Green Dragon Inn where you will enjoy lunch and a complimentary ale, cider or soft drink.
Contact us now to find out more on 0800 884 868
- Lunch at Shire’s Rest Cafe
- Return transport from Auckland in a luxury Mercedes Van with full commentary
- Tui Tours guide with you for the whole day
- Admissions and guided tour of Hobbiton Movie set
- Premium Tour Option, lunch and complimentary ale, cider or soft drink at the Green Dragon Inn
- Pick up and drop off at inner city or airport accommodation
Cost: $399pp for 1-2 Persons
$299pp for 3 People
$275.00pp for 4 or more
Premium Hobbiton Tour option price on request.